The Toyota KD engine series is a diesel engine produced by Toyota which appeared in 2000
Appearing in 2001, the 2KD-FTV is the 2nd generation of the KD series of engine with a smaller 2.5 L displacement.
The displacement of this engine is based on the previous 2L engine. Bore remains the same 92 mm but stroke is increased to 93.8 mm. It has 16 valves and is a DOHC engine with a turbocharger and intercooler.
It produces 101 horsepower (75 kW) at 3400 rpm and 191.7 ft·lbf (260 N·m) of torque at 1600-3600 rpm without an intercooler and 118hp (88 kW) at 3400 rpm and 239.85 ft·lbf (325 N·m) of torque at 1600-3600 rpm for the intercooled version. Toyota Thailand, however, has updated the turbocharger to variable nozzle turbo (VNT) with intercooler. This increased the horsepower to 142hp (106kW) at 3400 rpm and torque to 343 Nm at 1600-2800rpm. 
Compression ratio is 18.5:1. Redline of this engine is 4400 RPM. This engine also uses D-4D Common Rail (Common rail direct fuel injection ) technology. The only major changes from the 1KD-FTV to the 2KD-FTV was the bore and the stroke.
This engine is used in the Toyota Hilux, Toyota Fortuner, Toyota Innova and Toyota Hiace. In some Central and South American countries, Toyota also offered this engine on the 2003-2006 4Runner in limited quantities.
- Toyota Techstream 8.00.034 (1.2013) (01/05/2013)
- EWD Toyota Previa (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Yaris workshop Manual 2007 (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Rav4 2009-2010 Workshop Manual (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Hiace 2009 Workshop Manual (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Workshop Manual (01/05/2013)
- Repair Manual Toyota alphard 2008 (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Camry 2012 Electrical Wiring Diagram (01/05/2013)
- Ewd Land Prado 120, 125 (01/05/2013)
- DENSO - ECD-V Series Technical Training (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Previa 2007 Workshop Manual (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Prius Plug In Hybrid Vehicle 2010 Wiring Diagram (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Corolla 2003 Repair Manual (01/05/2013)
- Toyota Pirus Hybrid Repair Manual (01/05/2013)
- Toyota RAV 4 EWD 2007 (01/05/2013)